Agriculture Intelligence: Making Weather Data Meaningful
Data can do a lot to help make decisions, but not all data is created equal. Knowing how to select the right inputs, how to interpret it in the right context, and what signals matter and which don’t is all key to ensuring the data is actually meaningful for the audience. Weather data may seem basic, but when it comes to agriculture it’s crucial:
- Weather variability is increasing and throwing off traditional models and farming practices around the world. A data feed or radar map alone doesn’t help a farmer know what to do this season, this week, or today.
- Placing emphasis on the right data means deriving more relevant insights, and that means knowing how what plants actually need and how farming actually works.
- Understanding the right inputs to use ensures the data is relevant for agriculture; a weather station at the nearest airport is irrelevant for a field 50 miles away.
- Context is key—plants have different needs so knowing what’s planted in a field means interpreting the data to make better decisions.
At aWhere, Weather is Just the Starting Point
Weather Terrain™ is a weather data engine designed from the ground up specifically for agriculture. Processing a billion points a day, it creates a weather data offering that is both hyperlocal and highly accurate. Learn more about our base meterological data. But our Agriculture Intelligence platform offers a lot more insights than data alone:
- Agronomic values such as GDDs, PET, P/PET, along with comparisons and more transform base data into usable values.
- Field-specific, scientifically-vetted agronomic models drive decision making by automatically identifying plant growth stages, maturity tracking and harvest readiness, pest and disease likelihood, crop stress.
- Our Modeling-as-a-Service offering means your custom models can run alongside on the platform, leveraging field-specific and aggregated regional data for better accuracy.
- Visualizations that create understanding at-a-glance so that users need not mull over numbers.